Physio therapy benefits people who have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that limit their normal ability to move and function, irrespective of what age group they belong to.
A tailored physical therapy program can aid individuals to make a comeback to their previous level of functioning and inspire activities and lifestyle changes that can help avert further injury and improve overall health and wellbeing. Primary care doctors often refer patients to physio therapy at the first mark of a problem, since it is considered a conventional approach to dealing with problems. Thinking what makes physio therapy so important? With respect to Physio Therapy month in October, here are 10 ways it may help you:
- Decrease or eliminate pain. Therapeutic exercises and manual therapy methods such as joint and soft tissue mobilization or treatments such as ultrasound, taping or electrical stimulation can aid relieve pain and reinstate muscle and joint function to decrease pain. Such therapies can also avert pain from returning.
- Avoid surgery. If physio therapy helps you remove pain or reconcile from an injury, operation may not be required. And even if operation is required, you may benefit from pre-surgery physio therapy. If you are going into an operation sturdier and in better shape, you will recuperate sooner in many instances. Also, by evading operation, health care expenses are reduced.
- Improve mobility. In case you have problems standing, walking or moving—no matter your age—physio therapy can help. Stretching and strengthening exercises aid reinstate your ability to move. Physical therapists can appropriately fit individuals with a cane, crutches or any additional assistive device, or evaluate for orthotic prescription. By tailoring an individual care plan, whatever activity that is significant to an individual’s life can be practiced and changed to ensure maximal performance and safety.
- Recovery from a paralytic stroke. It’s normal to lose some degree of function and movement after stroke. Physio therapy helps reinforce weakened parts of the body and better gait and balance. Physio therapists can also recover stroke patients’ ability to transfer and move around in bed so that they can be more independent around the home and decrease their load of care for other activities of daily living.
- Recover from / prevent a sports injury. Physio therapists know how different sports can upsurge your risk for specific kinds of injuries. They can design suitable recovery or prevention exercise programs for you to make sure a safe re-arrival to your sport.
- Improve your balance and prevent falls. When you start physio therapy, you will get examined for fall risk. If you’re at high risk for falls, therapists will prescribe exercises that safely and carefully test your balance to mimic real-life situations. Therapists also aid you with exercises to improve coordination and assistive devices to help with safer walking. When the imbalance is triggered by an issue in one’s vestibular system, Physio therapists can perform specific movements that can rapidly reinstate good vestibular functioning and lessen and eliminate symptoms of dizziness or vertigo.
- Control diabetes and vascular conditions. As part of an overall diabetes management plan, exercise can aid efficiently manage blood sugar. Moreover, people with diabetes may have issues like sensation in their feet and legs. Physio therapists can offer and educate these patients on suitable foot care to avert added problems down the road.
- Take care of-age related issues. As individuals age, they may develop arthritis or osteoporosis or requiring a joint replacement. Physical therapists are experts in helping patients recuperate from joint replacement and stabilise arthritic or osteoporotic conditions orthodoxly.
- Manage heart and lung disease. Patients may complete cardiac restoration after a heart attack or surgery, they also may go for physio therapy in case the daily functioning is affected. For pulmonary problems, physio therapy can improve quality of life by means of strengthening, conditioning and breathing exercises, and help clear any fluid in the lungs.
- Manage Women’s Health and other conditions. Women have specific health concerns, like with pregnancy and post-partum care. Physio therapists can aid in specialized management of issues related to women’s health.
If you have questions to ask on the Best Orthopedic Doctor for Physiotherapy in Koramangala about how physiotherapy may help you or someone you care about, please don’t hesitate to reach us out at www.boneandjointconsult.com
Other popular articles by | Dr. Rewat Laxman
Sports Injuries and Treatments 7 Ways to Treat Chronic Back Pain Without Surgery A simple overview of arthroscopic rotator cuff tear treatment in Koramangala How to find the Right Doctor for Anterior Curiae Ligament (ACL) Surgery 5 Tips to keep your Joints Happier & Healthier