Best Joint Pain Treatment in Bangalore | Bone and Joint Consult
Chronic inflammation is responsible for a lot of diseases. Inflammation can cause some major diseases like heart disease, joint problems, diabetes, cancer, and autoimmune disorders. In orthopedic inflammation can cause joint problems and it may hamper the quality of life.
A healthy lifestyle and a nutritious diet is very essential to keep our self-healthy and fit. So in this topic, we will discuss about foods that help with joint inflammation
Let’s discuss this.
- Leafy green vegetables: Green leafy vegetable contains vitamin K which is known to suppress inflammation markers within the body. Examples spinach, kale, arugula, and other leafy greens vegetables
- Fatty fish: Fish has omega 3 fatty acids which have anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to eat fish at least twice a week. Examples -salmon, herring, sardines, tuna, and anchovies
- Herbs and spices: Free radicals that is responsible for inflammation in our body. Herbs and spices are powerful sources of antioxidant which help to neutralize free radical thus preventing inflammation. Examples -Garlic, oregano, cinnamon, rosemary, turmeric, and cloves are some of the herbs and spices
- Nuts, seeds, and extra virgin olive oil: These foods are rich sources of fatty acids that lower the risk of metabolic disease by reducing inflammation.
- Berries: Anthocyanins which are an anti-inflammatory phytochemical and berries are the rich source of anthocyanins. Examples Raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries
- Cruciferous vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables have high levels of antioxidants and thus prevent inflammation. Examples – Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and Brussel sprouts
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes are very strong antioxidants which prevent inflammation. They also contain potassium, magnesium, fiber, and healthy fats that help maintain proper body function
If you are suffering from a degenerative bone and joint condition or arthritis (which literally means inflammation of the joints) then use the above-mentioned diet in your food as it may help to minimize your symptoms.
Always ask your orthopedic doctors about the food which you are not supposed to eat as eating wrong food may increase the inflammation. Food which you should avoid like
- Refined carbohydrates,
- Sugary foods and drinks,
- Fried foods,
- Red meat,
- Saturated fats
It is very important that only diet may not be useful. Along with a healthy diet always do some regular exercise. Avoid stress and make sure to get enough sleep as this will help to keep chronic inflammation at bay
It is always recommended to start your diet and exercise only after your doctor’s advice.
Dr. Rewat Laxman is a Best Orthopedic Surgeon offering a full range of care for all problems of the knee and shoulder with a special interest in complex knee disorders. Book your appointment with Dr. Rewat for Best Joint Pain Treatment in Bangalore or call us on 9845054810Leave a reply