Best Sports Injury Doctor in Bangalore | Dr. Rewat Laxman
Let me start with a real-life story.
This is a story about a young girl named Tina and how she and her family learned about sports injuries and how to treat them.
It’s a beautiful summer day, and the family meets at a park for a picnic. Her mother is unpacking the car while her dad brings food to the picnic table. The children are excited and run out of the car to play before the food is ready. Her little brother, Smaran yells, “Tina, I want you to show me that new move you learned at your gymnastics class at school.
The parents cheer the children on from a distance.
Suddenly, the parents see that Smaran is shouting out to them screaming “ Tina is hurt ! “. Tina is screaming too. As the parents run to the spot, Tina is on the ground grasping her knee.
Her dad, asks her immediately if she is able to walk.
Tina looks like she is in pain as she attempts to stand and put weight on her knee. Tina replies” No, Papa I can’t even stand up without your help.”
They knew that she needed medical attention. Her dad says “ Smaran get some ice from the cooler. It will help keep the swelling down on the way.”
A short while later, they reach the hospital.
It is great that Tina’s family knew what to do. By keeping ice on her knee helped.
Sports injuries could be a sprain or a fracture or dislocation.
- Injuries could be due to accidents or poor training.
- Also, in some cases not stretching enough before you play can also lead to injuries.
Tina’s physical exam and tests did not reveal a serious injury. Tests did show that Tina has a minor knee sprain.
After suffering from a common sports injury, following simple steps will help
- Rest: Stop using the injured area for at least 48 hours.
- Ice: It is advisable to keep an ice pack on the injured area
- Elevation: Raise the injured area above the level of the heart to help reduce swelling. Use a pillow to help elevate
But if you think the injury could be serious, it is always better to visit the doctor.
Tina has also advised some exercises at home to make sure the knee sprain heals properly and quickly.
EXERCISES ARE DESIGNED TO:
- reduce swelling
- prevent stiffness
- improve range of motion
- restore joint flexibility and strength
It is important to do your exercises exactly the way a doctor tells you to do. It will help avoid injuring the same area again in the future.”
In the case of children, get a variety of physical activity every day. Any kind of daily activity can help children take on any sport.
Parents can take precautions
- Enroll children in organized sports
- Make sure children have the proper gear for a particular sport.
- Warm-ups and cool-downs are important before any sport
- Children should have access to water while playing
- Avoid playing if they are tired or in pain
Tina and Smaran do their favorite warm-up exercises on the grass before playing.
- Warm-up before playing.
- Drink plenty of fluids while playing.
- Rest when you are tired.
What is DISLOCATION?
If a joint in any part of the body, comprising of two bones, get separated, it is called dislocation and it is an emergency situation that requires immediate medical attention. Sports such as football, soccer, and basketball, can result in excessive stretching or falling, cause the majority of dislocations.
FRACTURE: A break in the bone that can occur from either a one-time injury to the bone or from repeated stress to the bone over time.
SPRAIN: A stretch or tear of a ligament.
STRAIN: A tendon tear
Leave a reply