Joint Pain Treatment in Bangalore | Bone and Joint Consult
Your fingers, hands, wrists, knees, and elbows or any joint in your body can be affected by Stiffness When you walk, stand, type, or perform other daily tasks it may affect your daily routine and that are why you may consider seeking treatment if your symptoms are ongoing.
Joint Stiffness? What that means?
Whenever there are challenges to move a joint as usual or if t now has a reduced range of motion that means you probably have Joint Stiffness. It can even sometimes occur right after when you wake up or sit. It can be sometimes be accompanied by pain in few severe cases. You may experience Difficulty while you walk, stand, or while you involve in any activity which requires you to put weight on your joints.
What factors or conditions cause Joint Stiffness?
The below listed conditions either directly or indirectly lead to stiffness in joints:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- It is a form of chronic inflammatory disorder that causes your immune system to display aggression over the lining of your joints. Typically it affects the wrists and the small joints of the hands and feet.
- Osteoarthritis- Osteoarthritis occurs when cartilage, which naturally cushions your joints, breaks down with age. It often affects the knees, hips, neck, lower back, and fingers.
- Gout- Gout is a type of arthritis can affect suddenly and affect any joint. The big toe is often the first to appear with these symptoms.
- Lupus- This chronic disease that usually affects the knees, wrists, and finger joints. Symptoms may appear and disappear suddenly and they may range between mild to severe.
- Bursitis- Bursitis occurs when tiny fluid-filled sacs, called bursae that provide cushioning become inflamed. It typically occurs at the elbow, shoulder, and hip, although it can affect any joint.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR)- PMR is a type of inflammatory joint disease that almost always only affects people aged above 50, thereby causing stiffness and pain in the shoulders, neck, hips, wrists, and fingers.
- Fibromyalgia- In this form of chronic pain condition muscles are affected and often even joint stiffness is noticed as well.
- Hypothyroidism- An underactive thyroid gland can lead to many symptoms like fatigue, weight gain, and joint stiffness.
Treatment for Joint Stiffness?
Stiff joints are usually treated by addressing its underlying cause and taking measure to provide relief. These may include on or multiple options from below :
- Heat or cold- A cold compress used 15 to 20 minutes duration several times a day can reduce swelling and pain. A heating pad or hot bath or shower can also provide relief.
- Over-the-counter medications- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen may provide relief, especially if your stiffness is caused by arthritis.
- Steroids- Corticosteroid injections can reduce inflammation, which causes stiffness and pain to decrease. Shots may become less effective over time, however.
- Physical Therapy- Directed exercises can increase mobility and help relieve stiffness.
- Losing Extra Weight- If you need to lose some extra weight, doing so may help reduce some of your symptoms.
Please consider making an appointment today with Bone and Joint Consult, If you’re suffering from joint stiffness, in many convenient locations across Bangalore. Best Joint Pain Treatment in Bangalore | Bone and Joint Consult – offer you best in class treatment to help you regain your joint and surrounding mobility and relief.Leave a reply